Azure Fundamentals (AZ900) certification preparation – short notes-IV
The intention of this series is to help your preparation for the AZ900 certification, or for your revision before taking the exam.
So, let’s get into the contents…
IoT Hub – Secure communication between the IoT apps and their managed devices
IoT Edge – allows processing and analysis of IoT devices data. A service built on Azure IoT Hub.
Windows 10 IoT Core Services – A cloud services subscription
HDInsight : Run Open-sourced analytics software such as Hadoop,Kafka and Spark
Azure databricks : An apache Spark-based for Azure. Third-part databricks services within Azure.
DataLake analytics : Large storage for Raw data for bigdata. Analytics and reporting
Azure machine learning studio : Older service for AI/ML workloads
Translator : real-time multi-language translator
Anomaly detector : detect anomalies in data and troubleshoot
Azure bot service : serverless bot service on-demand
Form recognizer : auto extraction of key/value, text, table etc.. from data
Computer vision : Content analysis from images
Language understanding : natural language understanding for apps,chat bots etc…
QnA maker : QnA bot. helps to create a question-answer structure over the data
Text analysis : helps in sentiment analysis. identifying names, phrases etc…
Content moderator : helps to detect potentially offensive content
Face : helps to identify the people and the emotions from images etc…
Ink recognizer : digital ink recognizer, such as handwriting, shapes etc…
Azure blob storage : blob storage service
Logic apps : allows you to build serverless workflows composed of Azure functions, building a state machine for serverless compute
Event grid : Pub/sub type. Allowing to react to events and trigger other services like Functions
– CJIS (Criminal Justice Information Services) – has to be compliant to access FBI’s CJIS Database
– Cloud Security Alliance (Star Certification) – Third party
– GDPR – European law, against anyone (org) collects and analyzes data tied to EU residents
– EU Model clause – transfers of data outside of EU.
– HIPPA (Health insurance portability and accountability act) – patient protected health info.
– ISO 27018 – processing of personal info by cloud service providers
free – MFA, SSO, and basic security settings
Office 365 Apps – company branding, two-sync between on-prem and cloud
Premium 1 – Hybrid architecture,
Premium 2 – identity protection and identity governance.
– Secret management – keys,tokens,certificates etc…
– Key management – Encryption key creation and management
– Certificate management – manages SSL certificates
– HSM – Keys and secrets managed by FIPS compliant Hardware-Security-Module (FIPS 140-2 compliance for multi-tenant and FIPS 140-3 for single tenant)
– Security principal : identities requesting access to an azure resource.
— User, group, Service principal (a security identity used to access azure resources),Managed identity (an identity in Azure AD managed by Azure)- Scope : Defines a scope of a role. Controls at Management,subscription or resource group level.
– Role definition : Set of roles. R/W/Delete etc..